Tuning

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:06:46 -0400

Barbara,

>I've always wondered about folks playing triads at the very bottom of =
the=20
>piano, I don't recall ever seeing them written in any of the piano=20
>literature I've played (which, I suppose, really doesn't mean a lot!).

I HATE that too. Sounds sort of like the customer who, after you're =
through=20
tuning, goes to the piano and starts "banging" on C-88 and saying, "Is =
this=20
in tune?" I usually just say, "In relation to what?" and/or show me a =
piece=20
of music with that note in it and I'll give you a free tuning!"

I know. There's a "few" out there but the person who does that will=20
probably never be able to play them! :-)

Avery

>Just a couple of thoughts.
>
>Barbara Richmond, RPT
I sometimes get the impression people who do this or bang on one note =
and say its flat are terribly insecure..and feel you know something they =
dont. Their actions must justify their knowledge, thus make them feel =
superior.

Richard, Canada