Another one for the Giffer

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:29:06 +0100

Hey there folkens...

Just got back from a very relaxing evening with Karin Krog and Steve
Kuhn at the local Jazz club.  I must be getting old or something cuz
this afternoon as I sat and cleaned up the tuning from last week I wasnt
even aware that Steve Kuhn was slated to play tonite.  I sat listening
this evening to this perhaps slightly lesser known of the greats of our
time and wondered at my good fortune life.... getting to tune concerts
for so many of these guys over the years.  Dont get me wrong... I dont
mean to brag... not at all really... just find it difficult to fathom
how I managed to luck into this life of being a piano tuner.  I couldnt
have begged for a better life when it comes right down to it.

I read the other day someone wrote that they ran into a customer who was
worried for him because he didnt have a <<proper>> job.... ya gots to
wonder sometimes. :)  For you folks writing in those newbie posts
wondering how to fix this or that, or how to tune the bass... or
whatever.... I have just this to say. Stick with this proffession, and
never start thinking you have it figured.. just keep on learning and
getting better. You may turn into a builder like Farrel or others like
him, or you may end up a master intonatør like Andre, or just plain
lucky like myself... Whatever you end up getting into,  sooner or later
things start getting real rewarding... big time rewarding.

Its a great life the tuners life

Cheers
RicB