Renner 'Blues'

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:08:08 -0500

Where did anyone get the idea that "Most Americans do not like these
(Renner) hammers"?  I think the only thing anyone does not like about
Renners is their cost.  Every one of the finest technicians I have known
used Renners.  I have used them for over ten years.  I do not find them to
be too hard.  If one piano sounds too loud they may easily be voiced down.
I prefer the old style sound from pianos I restore from the teens and
twenties.

The new Yamaha or even new Steinway sound sets my teeth on edge like
fingernails on the blackboard.  Renners are exactly what I am looking for.
I have only had one or two in those years of Renner hammers that were in
need of voicing down.  What I like about them is I don't have to voice them
up, but only need to even them out.  I have many happy customers who agree
with me and they are some of the finest musicians anywhere.

If you want stone hard hammers, check out imadegawa or other cheaper Asian
hammers.  I had one customer who called me up a month after getting his
piano back from my competition.  He was literally in tears.  The piano had
no character in its tone and was excruciatingly LOUD.  It could not even
play soft if you tried.  He had asked for Renner and was told " You will
love it when I get done"  I replaced those brand new rock hammers with
Renners and he then loved it.

Another customer spent $17,000. for a restoration of his Mason Hamlin and
when he requested Renner hammers was charged an extra $2,500.00 for them.
When he got the piano back it had cheap Asian hammers on it that were like
Rocks.  The lawsuit he won but I doubt he will get anything from the
so-called piano technician in Broken Arrow OK since the guy declared
bankruptcy.  He is still doing university piano sales, however.

I am VERY pleased with Renner hammers.  I would only change if I could find
the hammer exactly like they make but for substantially less money. (Like
that will happen.)

D.L. Bullock
www.thepianoworld.com

Put the worlds greatest healer to work for WHATEVER health problem you may
have----YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is capable of healing EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://www.mannapages.com/dlbullock to learn how to get the right fuel.
Also www.glycoscience.org