grand damper felt removal

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:10:29 +0100

Hi Terry

You can make yourself a soaking tray. Basically a long tray with a line
of holes drilled down the center line to accept the damper wires. Of
course the center line needs to be raised a bit so your fluid doesnt
just run out.. :)  Then just insert all your dampers into the tray in
the same order they are in the piano, add your soak fluid, and come back
in a couple hours. You dont need more then a 3-4 mm depth below the
center line.

Lots of ways to construct one of these... use your imagination and you
will figure it out... or call Terry Farrel !! :)

Cheers
RicB