grand damper felt removal

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 09 Oct 2004 20:50:16 -0700

replacing damper felts on a 1984 Yamaha G1. I would appreciate getting
feedback on the best way to remove the old felts. I normally would steam
them of or soak with hot water till they fall off. Then there is ungar heat
gun, which is tricky; you dont want to burn the blocks. Another way i
suppose would be a razor blade between the felt and block, then follow up
with filing off remaining glue/felt. Any tried and true favorites?

Terry Peterson