Rebuilding Decisions....

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 07:19:30 -0700

Robin Hufford said: " would be to
pull the bridge pins and seat them in either epoxy or CA.  One should =
try to
allow the material to flow out into the cracks."
NOT what I would recommend! Pulling the bridge pins is unnecessary, =
usually causes damage to the bridge cap and is time consumingly =
unnecessary. Refer to my epoxying technique of a few days ago, using a =
soldering iron and epoxy! Sheesh! It's my opinion, that the only time to =
pull bridge pins, is when you are going to recap. And, while I'm on the =
subject....If the Bass Bridge needs capping...So Does the Treble!!!!!
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I