Epoxy

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 23:04:17 -0700

Terry said: "I think the more appropiate (or common anyway) term for the =
chemical =3D
reaction that occurrs with epoxy is "cure". But perhpaps that is antics =
=3D
with semantics. However, if I am not mistaken, glue, such as yellow =3D
woodworking glue, does not "set" or "cure" or "dry" by a chemical =3D
reaction, but rather simply the loss of water - it truly "dries". That =
=3D
is indeed a chemical process, but not a chemical reaction. Am I wrong?"

Terry,
You are absolutely right. I guess I did not explain/write susinctly. As =
long as we understand the differences in the processes, we're less =
likely to get ourselves in deep doo.<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police