Steinway Damper sytem upgrade & redesign

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:34:23 -0600

Does anyone know where I can get some of the brass sostenuto rail material
that I can alter to fit any piano?  I need one for a couple of pianos.
D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Put the worlds greatest healer to work for WHATEVER health problem you may
have----YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is capable of healing EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://www.mannapages.com/dlbullock to learn how to get the right fuel.
Also www.glycoscience.org
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com [mailto:Erwinspiano@aol.com]
  Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 3:38 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org; caut@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Steinway Damper sytem upgrade & redesign

  In a message dated 11/7/2004 10:06:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Erwinspiano writes:
    List.
      I thought I'd share some more piano related stuff to clean out any
potential political residue lefet over in anyones palate from last week as
my penance for irritating some with My uncharacteristic share of dreaded
political OTs post.

    I've been modifying many of  old Steinway damper systems with a variety
of features which greatly improves its functionability & adjustability. Many
of these ideas are not my own but have found them useful just the same.grin.
I've been installing the new Renner Back actions fairly routinely which
gives a more effective sostenuto usage with the spring loaded tabs & also
the fact that individual parts can be taken off for service if necessary
without disassembling the whole dang damper action I.E. to reglue some
flanges that have come unglued or repin a part or two.