Dear Mr. Avery

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 19:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

   "What" it has to do with ( though I doubt you're
reading this ) is that the incendiary "right-wingers"
on this list feel free to make any sort of statement
they wish, then scream "bloody murder" "fire"
"avalanche" or "look, a terrorist!" if a balanced,
reasoned, honest or sincere statement comes from the
"opposition".  This only supports my suspicion that
"right wingers" are far more interested in violence
and conflict than considering the situation and coming
to peaceful solutions, and this attitude has extremely
dangerous ramifications for us all.
    Such as Republicans' obsession with Clinton's
naughtiness, which obstructed our Government's ability
to attend to far more important business for several
years.
    If I am not mistaken, it is this proclivity for
hysterics, condemnation and jingoism over any sincere
attempt to use "differences" to realize higher levels
of awareness and deeper understanding to which
Mr.May is referring. It is not fair for one side to
have its say, then bark at the other to "shut up".
    I welcome a sincere discussion about anything,
anytime, anywhere, with anyone, and I almost always
remain calm ( at least in public ).  But I do realize
that this list is primarily for piano related
discussions, and have significantly curtailed my OT
comments recently. ( If you remember my posts from 2
years ago, you will have to concur. )
    I do not, though, welcome the hateful blathering
which spews from some folks every time that someone
else makes a sincerely expressed  point ( i.e.,
" makes them think " )  whether it is intelligent or
not.
    Suggestion for everyone: the next time someone
says something which makes your "brain hurt", don't
start screaming and calling them names. Let your brain
digest it, and then your heart, in a  spirit of love,
respond to it. That is honestly what I try to do. And
it is the only thing which will save humanity from
incinerating itself. As we are quite capable of doing.
   Once incinerated, the angle at which we drill pin
holes will be of very little consequence.

     Sincerely,
     Thump