Bose Question - continued

Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:44:10 -0000

Hello List and Issac and Ron O.
Glad you like the piccy. The block of wood jig was a real "quickie" when =
I had a whole single string piano to restring. It has been with me ever =
since - more than 25 years anyway, and I don't seem to need to improve =
on it. It stays with my gloves and APSCO tins of Roslau (blue) string =
and a list of the weights of each tin-with-contents in an old picnic =
hamper, together with a long parallel punch, a string winding handle and =
stringing hook. All ready for the next job!
Issac asks:
 "I don't understand why making that small bend, the wire will
straighten anyway, and we have to close the coils also. (?)"
This is Ron Overs' contributiuon - and a very fine one too. If you =
examine any standard long helically twisted hitch loop you'll find the =
loop retains its size and consequent ease of removal even after years uf =
use. Ron's suggestion of a "small kink" right at the coil examines the =
fact that the coil will otherwise tighten during the initial taughtening =
of the string to playing tension. The "kink" will stop this from =
happening - and I applaud it!     ;-)
What actually do you mean by "... have to close the coils also" Isaac?=20
signed..... "intrigued in Sussex"
Regards
Michael G (UK)