New Topic: Bass Cantilever Bridges

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:22:59 +1100

At 12:41 PM +0000 7/3/04, Michael Gamble wrote:

>Hello List and Calin T who said (inter alia):
>"3. Use a floating soundboard - which I think is the most useful
>approach. It was used by many French piano makers, especially
>Pleyel. Ron Overs has a really interesting article on his about a
>Yamaha grand where he floated the bass area of the soundboard."
>     Yes, I have a feeling that Ibach used the floating soundboard
>principle in their "double-overstrung" 5ft. +- grands. Thanks for
>the info. I am hoping now that Ron O. will comment - or give me
>directions to the article you mention.

The article is at;

http://overspianos.com.au/g2.html

This page has links within the text which will take you off to
satellite pages relating to the same project. Mind you, I haven't
re-read it to check that I still agree with what I wrote back in 2001.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers