Pinblock partial replacement?

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:17:58 -0400

Hi Cy,
Give some consideration to plugging.
Should be lots in the archives.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cy Shuster
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 2:56 PM
  Subject: Pinblock partial replacement?

  Does anyone have handy a reference to repairing a pinblock by routing out the center section and replacing it?  I've looked in these archives and in the 20 years of the journal, and haven't found it.  Searching on "pinblock" gives a lot of hits!  Even adding "insert, partial, and router" doesn't help...

  My friend has a Chickering grand with a stepped, curved, two-piece block to replace, and this looks like a good approach.

  --Cy Shuster--
  Rochester, MN