Knuckle type

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:17:28 -0600

I always heard them called "Brambach" style knuckles. They usually get
pooh-pooed in polite company and they do show up on a lot of "lesser
name" pianos (e.g., Francis Bacon) but also in some pretty nice brands
(e.g., Geo. Bent). In mine 'umble opinion, I think they regulate and
work just fine.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Garrett [mailto:joegarrett@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 7:22 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Knuckle type

>Hey all,
>
>What is the name of this kind or style of knuckle (besides old)?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Barbara Richmond

That be a "pear" knuckle.
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS.
Decorah, IA

Where do you guys/gals get this stuff?!!!!! A "pear" knuckle?!!!! I
don't think so!<G> The name that was given to me, years ago, was Kimball
Knuckle, as this was first used by Kimball. I can document that with a
verrrrry olde Service Manual that shows the correct jack alignment for
these little beasties. Best Regards, Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon) Captain,
Tool Police Squares Are I

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---