buckskin/leather hammer covers

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:23:56 +0100

Hi agreed on the 8:00 thing, as I've see one mounted like that , the
result was decent for a no budget I work may say.

The bucksking may be can be artifical leather , more resilient and
even.
Hot glue is also my choice, as it eventually add some tension to the
hammer.

I still have to get a few pics of the wooden individual cauls that can
be used to press new felt(or leather, why not)and was originally used
on Erard's hammers.
I 'll try to make a sketch with real dimensions as well.
I also have seen interesting gluing pliers tha hold very tight the
underfelt if necessary. More difficult to realise.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG