Hammer Resurfacing

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:41:57 -0700

I believe we have experienced a misunderstanding. Joe was, I believe, =
complaining about Steinway hammers, and antares seems to have missed the =
earlier part of the thread and interpreted Joe's word "they" as "all =
hammer manufacturers in general". /jason
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: antares=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: Hammer Resurfacing

  On 13-jul-04, at 23:01, Joe Garrett wrote:

    If they would produce hammers like the ones they made back in the =
early part of the 20th Century, I'd buy them in a N.Y. second, but alas, =
they don't....so I don't.
    Best Regards,
    Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
    Captain, Tool Police
    Squares R I

  Hi Joe,

  I am sorry that even after all my attempts there are still pianotech =
folks who haven't got 'the message'.
  For years I have described the development of the so called Wurzen =
felt and the Wurzen felt hammers made by Renner Germany, and during the =
last year there has been a special development in the felt factory in =
Wurzen.=20
  They now produce the AA quality Wurzen felt, which brings us back =
right to the early 1900's.

  If you are interested, then please read the Pianotech archives about =
the development of Wurzen felt.

  friendly greetings=20
  from
  Andr=E9 Oorebeek