Rebuild Sales Approach

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:00:19 -0600

At 01:47 PM 4/29/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Education is difficult if people are not asking for it. <SNIP>
>Take the approach that you would be remiss in your responsibilities as a
>professional if you didn't give them good and complete information so that
>they can make informed decision! s based on their goals and budgets.
>
>David Love

Yes,yes,yes. Remiss, to be sure. IF.... they're open to the "education". I
wasn't being flippant in my first response. I just got the impression that
Terry's looking for a way to "open the window" before going into the whole
spiel. I find that necessary often. Some customers aren't ready for a major
explanation of the instrument and brain-stretch. Some customers have not
noticed the insidious disintegration of their pianos' performance. Some
customers have no idea that they don't have CONTROL. They think it's just
their bad playing. <G>
I find it beneficial to "plant the seeds", if it's a regular that I'll see
again. They'll come around, eventually, and save everybody a bunch of time
and effort in the long run.

Regards,
Guy