Upright Damper Felt Source

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:51:31 -0700

I think a boycott of Yamaha and Yamaha products should be considered until Yamaha drops this ridiculous policy.   The only people they are hurting are the technicians who have to find alternative ways (or lie) in order to service Japanese Market Pianos.  The goal of trying to control market share (I presume that's the reason) is a failure.  I see more gray market pianos being sold than ever before.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: John Ross
To: Pianotech
Sent: 4/29/2004 12:13:57 PM
Subject: Re: Upright Damper Felt Source

I recently purchased a Yamaha set,  that is for a U3 model. I intend to put them on a nice older Heintzman.
I don't believe that it is possible in the US.
I think that their rule of only selling replacements for a legitimate # Yamaha, is stupid. What is to prevent someone giving them, a legitimate #, and using it on something else. (Hint :-) )
I attended a Bill Spurlock class, at a Convention, and he gave instruction, on making your own from scratch. It looks like the same class, is available in Nashville.
Regards,
,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada