The All new Hero Hammers !!

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:38:34 +0200

--Apple-Mail-6--518384464
Hi Dale,

Thank you for your understanding!
This is exactly what I have tried to make clear many years ago. I guess
the time was not right so some people over there got mad and put me
right back in Europe, where I belong.
This is the first time that you hit this nail right on the head.
You want to have a particular hammer? you go to this particular hammer
maker and you ask them to make it for you.
We now have great hammers, exactly the type of hammers we are very
happy with.
Here is an example of a prototype Bechstein hammer L:

--Apple-Mail-6--518384464
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 542 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-6--518384464--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Bech 1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 54002 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-7--518384461

These hammers do not exist on the market, they were developed by us=20
(Grand Piano) and they fulfill our wishes because of the extreme thin=20
treble molding and the latest and very finest Wurzen felt. If you look=20=

at them with the eye of a voicing technician, you wan to eat them.

What I have always meant to say is this :
You want something? then go for it!

Friendly greetings,

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

On 26-apr-04, at 2:00, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> =A0=A0=A0 Hi Joe & list
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 I got to thinking about the subject of hammer density =
after=20
> this discussion & others privately & What I hear people saying is I=20
> don't wan to needle till my elbow falls off=A0including me is, & =
others=20
> who say I want a hammer I don't have to lacquer. Lacquers just wrong=20=

> or whatever. We want a=A0hammer that sounds great in every piano every=20=

> time. NO work, pouf, put em on & they let you be the hero. Right!
> =A0SO why can't we get these kind of hammers?=A0 Well, some times we =
can=20
> or at least get close. It depends. The size of the soundboard & it's=20=

> given mechanical impedance, string scale, crown & bearing all=20
> contribute to determine the amount of stiffness required in the hammer=20=

> to create the optimal kind of tone for that piano. I hear Ric saying,=20=

> define optimal. Any way so all the hammer makers can do is come close=20=

> to some sort of middle road of hammer felt density that gives a medium=20=

> to work with that isn't giving us fits to get the desired tonal result=20=

> we all want.
> =A0SO for those who like the Ronsen, Isaac, Stwy ish hammers we think=20=

> why don't they make them denser or why don't the Renner,yamaha-ish=20
> hammer makers ease up on the pressure & heat so less needling is=20
> required. I think the answer is because they don't want to. Each has=20=

> there reason other than economic & it's philosophical.
> =A0 However we don't care about that, we want them to care about what =
we=20
> want. I think Andre has the right idea & he has gone to the Renner=20
> maker& asked for a type of hammer persistently until he's getting it'.=20=

> Bravo Andre.
> =A0=A0 Now I understand=A0 we can't buy your hammer Andre because of =
Renners=20
> deal with Renner USA=A0& Lloyd Meyer so the=A0 American=A0Techs who =
want a=20
> hero hammer =A0need to=A0ask Renner USA=A0& Abel or whoever=A0for a =
hammer=20
> which is made with less =A0pressure &=A0heat & let the=A0 felt breathe =
&=20
> spring =A0more. Then we can needle a little or juice a little without=20=

> detriment to the integrity of the felt & the felt will be a more=20
> preserved & cooperative like felt spring not a=A0cotton ball=A0or=A0 a =
rock.=20
> For those of us who liek the product the way iot is then do nothing.
> =A0=A0 IN fairness we must aske the non lacquer techs to Call on =
Isaac,=20
> Stwy & Ronsen to use more pressure & heat so we have the same=20
> situation=A0 as the renner ish type felt. For those of us who like the=20=

> product as is then also do nothing
> =A0 Each company can still make there preferred style of hammer but =
have=20
> new line of slightly denser or slightly not as dense hammers &=20
> everyone can be a hero & the customer & the tone qualiuty of music is=20=

> the benificiary As well as our lungs & elbows!!!!!!!!!
> =A0 If this idea has any merit please let me know. I'm willing to ask
> =A0=A0 Dale Erwin
> Seriously I'm right there with you.Thanks for the Rant. Makes no sense=20=

> to me>
> =A0Dale
> Dale,
> If you'd have copied my whole quote, you'd know I said: " Some Techs
> use....." I don't personally see the need for that sort of hammer
> destruction. If a hammer needs the "30 jabs, deeply into the 3 to 7=20
> o'clock
> area, for prevoicing, those hammers are crap and I won't use them. If
> someone has put a set of these "BBs" on a piano and I have to deal =
with
> them, it's STEAM/ALCOHOL-WATER OR GARBAGE CAN! The sooner we start=20
> throwing
> those rock hard hammers back at the manufacturers, or better yet, quit
> buying them, the sooner they'll wake up and smell the futility of =
their
> economics. The only damned reason they make these is because they can=20=

> make
> multiple sets in a very short time and make a huge profit. Let us all
> support Hammer Makers like Ron Negron, (Ronsen Hammers) and tell the=20=

> rest to
> put there hammers where it's the darkest! (I woke up on the wrong side=20=

> of
> the bed this morning!<G>) End of Rant!
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)