No needling here: to steam, or not to steam?

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:26:34 +0200

Congrats there Dave.... its always fun to come out shinning leaving the
customer perfectly delighted. This has been a neat episode in the daily
dailies of Pianotech IMHO.  From start to finish.  Good question, lots
of good ideas to make you think, and a happy ending, which reflects
nicely on youself in all regards.

Well done !  As far as the arm (and back) is concerned... you get
stronger and more efficient as time goes by and you practice more.  That
said... A full needling session is going to work your body no way around
it.  Take a breather from time to time... get up and stretch...
whatever.  The Jahn needling tool is very popular over here.. I suppose
there is a similiar one availiable there.  I've been using a Yamaha tool
and find that comfortable enough.  Get a good voicing block as well... I
like very much using a small one for only 5 hammers at a time.

Cheers

RicB