Acetone

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:57:44 +0200

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/21/2004 12:49:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
>
>     Acetone can cause all kinds of ugly things if its spilled... and the
>     fumes .... so if you are doing the wash for heavens sake take the
>     action
>     to the shop and leave all windows, doors and ventilations open,
>     remove
>     the hammer rail  and isolate the thing from anything that could
>     possibly
>     be damaged.  Heck... if its a sunny day do the wash outside on a
>     sawhorse bench or something.
>
>      Ric
>    I think this been suggested by everyone so far.
>    Dale

I read it as about 50 / 50 myself... with   Europe lining up on one side
and America lining up on the other...grin..... a sign of times to come ??.

Despite Dons downplaying, I recommend due caution. Acetone can do some
nasty things... or when was the last time you spille...er..ah...
<<womans nail polish remover>> on a rug,... or on your own pantslegs.
Sure... its not going to kill you... but you can make a mess in a
hurry... and its not exactly not a health hazard.

Been there, done that.  But like I said... I encourage one and all to
try out everything when it comes to voicing. Most of all tho, I
encourage one to research traditional voicing with appropriate hammers.
There are perhaps many more supised there then many take for granted.

btw... Whats Delwins take on hammers and laquer ?  Seem to remember he
went further then we do over here for the natural  hammer resiliancy
side.  No... this is one of those typical <<opinions vary>>
questions....and so it should be :)

Cheers Dale !

RicB