Lacquer or what?

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:27:30 -0700

So what's the current best practice for brightening hammers? What I learned
30+ years ago from Sheldon Smith was: applying judicious amounts of a 1/8
solution of lacquer to the shoulders, followed immediately by a shot of pure
thinner right on the crown.

For those who use lacquer, what brand? And what other hardeners are also in
use, and which should be avoided?

Jason