Let-off question

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:45:00 -0300

Hi Ric,
I put the hammers on myself.
The hammers were bored at Wally's, using the measurements I gave him. String
height and hammer flange centre pin height.
This was on a piano, that someone had previously replaced the hammers on,
and the piano had lost, its volume, and gutsy sound.
The Abel Hammers, and Renner shanks from Wally, did the trick. The volume
and power are back up.
The drop screw is probably the problem, my question should have told me. I
had just done the rough on the drop screws, and they looked like they were
almost burying. I was going back tomorrow, as I had just finished the
install and rough regulation, yesterday.
Funny how the mind forgets things at the end of a long day.
I certainly prefer working from origional parts, and not having to figure
out anew, how things should be.
Oh well, he got the concert grand Heintzman for a song, as the last owner
couldn't get anyone to get it to work right, with the wrong hammers, and
wrong boring, on the original shanks, that someone had done.
He really likes the sound now, and will like it even better, when the
regulation is completely done.

Thank you all, for getting my brain cells working again.
Now I know why I like going to the Conventions, it keeps the info in my
brain from, fragmenting. A nice Convention defrag, works wonders.
I hope to see a lot of you 'list members', in Nashville. The time is getting
closer.
Is there going to be a little get together for list members, as we had in
Arlington?
We should start the planning now.
Best regards,
John M. Ross