Let-off question

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:34:03 +0200

John Ross wrote:

>Hi List,
>What might the problem be?
>The hammer does not drop that little bit, after let-off.
>If I weaken the spring, then I don't get the raise, after it comes out of
>check, and I still don't get the small drop.

Cant be a whole lot of things when it comes right down to it.

If there is enough key dip, and blow distance and letoff  is to specs...
then no drop means you have probably managed to get the bore distance a
bit wrong forcing the letoff and drop to be set higher then is
comfortable for the action. Some thoughts.... look to see how much jack
travel there is when slowly pressing through letoff and whether or not
it starts before/after/ or simultaneously with letoff. If before... well
you know this stuff I rekon... adjust drop screw accordingly.  Could be
a bit more complicated with a changed bore length... sometimes you run
into a problem being able to turn the darn drop screws low enough  (or
high enough depending on which way the error in bore went).

Are the new hammers factory glued or did you do all the work yourself ?

Cheers
RicB