Analysis of G23 on a Kawai - was Analysis of plain wire string/wound wire break on aSteinway Model Bwith MininMens 1.0.6 Bernhard Stopper

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:02:15 -0700

Phew!!!! These titles get to be a bit much some times!<G>
Would someone please tell me what this is all about? I understand that
Bernhard has some kind of electronic dohickie that is suppose to synthesize
piano string sounds and log the, (supposed) longitudinal problems or lack
thereof.
However, I played(?)(for lack of a better term), the two samples for the
Kawai. Both, are 53 cents flat of E3! Hmmmm? (As in: Big Hmmmmmmmm?). A
string, in that particular area, if that flat, would naturally sound bad.
Perhaps Bernard, himself can clear up the fog, a bit. Also, the note in
"Question" was G3, so what the heck does the "flat E3" have to do with
anything? Am I missing something here? This whole concept, is of great
interest to me, but I'm totally not comprehending how, what, where, why he's
doing with the specific data, etc.
Totally Asea,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police