Analysis of G23 on a Kawai - was Analysis of plain wirestring/wound wire break on aSteinway Model Bwith MininMens 1.0.6 BernhardStopper

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:57:27 +0200

Dear Joe,

the two sound samples have a sampling frequeny of 53 kHz instead of the 44.1
kHz. (the CD Player sampling rate format)
If your media player (perhaps an older version of the windows media player
or an old soundcard ) does not support automatic sampling rate conversion,
the sound sample is played at 44.1 kHz what means that the G23 will sound as
"E" .

String simulation requires high sampling rates for the higher frequencies,
that is the reason why MiniMens increses the sampling rate as higher the
note is.

You can do a sampling rate conversion with the Audio Player be saving the
sound file in a different format.

Here the two samples again at a sample rate, your player should work correct
with (should sound as "G" now):

www.piano-stopper.de/dl/Kawai_G23_1,0_0,475_44.1.wav

www.piano-stopper.de/dl/Kawai_G23_0,975_0,5_44.1.wav

in every case, thank you for informing me about this problem- i will check
if it is useful to have a sampling rate conversion for the output file
directly in MiniMens, and try to do it in a next update.

Best regards,

Bernhard Stopper