Custom Made Hammers & New Ronsen Wurzen hammers

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:16:07 +0200

On 18-apr-04, at 18:35, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Greetings=A0Andre

Hi Dale,

> =A0=A0=A0Can the list=A0assume that=A0the best European=A0made Wurzen =
hammers are=20
> available thru you? Do tell.

I must explain that our business is not in the market for the US.
We do sell hammers, piano parts and more, but our hammers are made at=20
Renner in G=E4rtringen, Germany, and all Renner stuff destined for the =
US=20
are handled by Renner USA.
I assume most here will understand that I have no wish to come in=20
between two giants (aside from an occasional gift to a befriended tech,=20=

but that does not count).
Any US request for Renner parts are handled by the Renner agent in the=20=

USA, or so I heard.

>  =A0=A0=A0 By the way In retrospect I=A0thought my reply below may =
have been a=20
> little short or cryptic. My apology if so.

I have not experienced it that way, it was clear, so no apologies=20
needed at all, but thanks for your friendly gesture.

> I should have probably stated that Ray (Ronsen) makes a certain number=20=

> of hammers per year & isn't geared up to make multiple thousands as=20
> some factories are so the process is apparently less time sensitive. I=20=

> know the hammers stay in the press an hour or more. I'll ask Him. He=20=

> also presses the underfelt & top felt in one swoop meaning no pre=20
> pressing.=A0

It IS absolutely the best way. His method, combined with the best=20
quality Wurzen will absolutely be revolutionary in your vast part of=20
the World.
The maker of this felt (his name is Jack Brand) also deserves it truly=20=

that his efforts be rewarded. He has meticulously spent years and years=20=

to bring back to us the highest quality felt of the olden days. It is=20
great news for all dedicated professional piano technicians and it=20
would be un-intelligent at least to not make use of this novelty.

> =A0=A0Best--=A0

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

> > antares@euronet.nl writes:
> > The way a hammer sounds also depends on the hammer maker.=20
> Pre-pressing
> >=A0 the felt for an extended time makes it easier for the hammer =
maker=20
> > glue the felt and the under felt, but it damages the inner layers
> >=A0 severely. Pre-pressing should therefor be limited as much as=20
> possible.
> >=A0 Cold pressing the felt is the very best, as excess heat also has =
> > damaging influence, but cold pressing felt is un-economical for the
> >=A0 hammer maker because it takes more gluing time, and in business,=20=

> time
> >=A0 is money.
> > =A0=A0=A0 Andre
> > =A0=A0=A0 Andre & list
> > =A0=A0 Well it certainly may be uneconomical but this is the way Ray=20=

> makes
>  > his hammers. NO pre pressing & hammers=A0are colds pressed
> > =A0Dale
> >

> That's great,
> so to all subscribers : you want the best hammers US made?
>
> friendly greetings
> from
> Andr=E9 Oorebeek

friendly greetings