Custom Made Hammers & New Ronsen Wurzen hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:35:38 EDT

           Greetings Andre
   Can the list assume that the best European made Wurzen hammers are=20
available thru you? Do tell.=20
    By the way In retrospect I thought my reply below may have been a little=
=20
short or cryptic. My apology if so. I should have probably stated that Ray=20
(Ronsen) makes a certain number of hammers per year & isn't geared up to mak=
e=20
multiple thousands as some factories are so the process is apparently less t=
ime=20
sensitive. I know the hammers stay in the press an hour or more. I'll ask Hi=
m.=20
He also presses the underfelt & top felt in one swoop meaning no pre pressin=
g.=20
  Best--  Dale
> antares@euronet.nl writes:
> The way a hammer sounds also depends on the hammer maker. Pre-pressing
>  the felt for an extended time makes it easier for the hammer maker to
> glue the felt and the under felt, but it damages the inner layers
>  severely. Pre-pressing should therefor be limited as much as possible.
>  Cold pressing the felt is the very best, as excess heat also has a
> damaging influence, but cold pressing felt is un-economical for the
>  hammer maker because it takes more gluing time, and in business, time
>  is money.
>     Andre
>     Andre & list
>    Well it certainly may be uneconomical but this is the way Ray makes=20
> his hammers. NO pre pressing & hammers are colds pressed
>  Dale

That's great,
so to all subscribers : you want the best hammers US made?

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek