Custom Made Hammers & New Ronsen Wurzen hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:13:35 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2004 8:15:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, Erwinspiano
writes:
            Ric.
  Nice looking hammers & great Wurzen felt.
 Speaking of custom made hammers. I'd like to announce that Ray Negron at
Ronsen piano hammer is now making Hammers with the famous "Wurzen" felt. I'm just
wrapping up a 9ft Knabe action with these hammers  & they are really good.
Minimal voicing & wonderful color. Lots of felt over the molding. I highly
recommend giving these a try. This hammer is a great compliment  to the Ronsen line
which also includes the German V.F.G (Abel  felt) & Bacon company felts. Its
nice to have selection
  This is happening because of the efforts of several people but primarily
Andres Oorebeck (alias Antares!) In assisting in the procurement of the felt &
Rays willingness to try new things for an even  better product Thanks Andre.
  Ray  just got a new shipment of felt so.....Get yours now at
Ray@ronsen-hammer.com
  Dale Erwin

Hi folks.... just thought I might post a nice pic of some custom made Wurzens
I ordered through Andre'. These are pressed to standard Hamburg Steinway
density. I choose the underfelt colour and the type of wood core.  I believe you
can get different press densities... but you'll have to ask Andre' about that.

These are going on a Bluthner that I am doing a full action rebuild on.  Nice
looking hammers... just look at that grain... you can almost feel that
resiliency from just looking at the pictures.... :)

Cheers
RicB