Steinway dampers urgent

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:04:25 EDT

Danny writes:

<<  new dampers on a NYSteinway A but...

we lost our notes about details where and what to put on ( V 's double V's

combined or not with flat damper) for each note starting after de

bassection, >>

You will have two bichords on the treble bridge,( at least on the smaller A
models). Then you will have 7 wound trichords that use wedges front and back.
Following that, I would suggest that for the next 14 notes, use a wedge in
front and flat in back, then go with double flats on up to the top.
    Deciding how many wedges to use is dependant on what you want.  They
often give cleaner damping, but added noise, so I like to minimize their use.
This means good friction control, and very straight alignment of the wires and
heads.
Good luck,
Ed Foote RPT