Baldwin Question

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:48:22 -0300

Hi List,
I was called to check out a sluggish note on one of the more expensive,
fairly new upright. Might be a 6000.
Checked out for tight key, or action centre, all appeared to be fine.
The jack was having a hard time getting, back below the butt, on a s-l-o-w
push down of the key. This even with extra lost motion.

There is no lead in the keys. I added a small weight, and the key was fine.

The question is, could they have forgotten to lead the keys?   This wasn't
one of their inexpensive models.

The person couldn't find their bill of sale to confirm the model, and I
couldn't see anything.

Best regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada