My most heartfelt thanks, BUT........( new Yamaha w/bobbling hammers)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:20:16 -0700 (PDT)

 I still
> would like to know
> what clearance the jack has when you simply depress
> and hold the key,
> letting the hammer fall lightly into check.

These hammers WON'T fall into check! They just sit on
the jacks. Looking stupid.

If you
> can get good
> separation there... I'd think you should be able to
> find the problem and
> that it'd have something to do with something
> resisting jack travel at
> the last bit of the key stroke.

Yup. That's probably it. I'll try the regulation,
lubrication, and damper spring strength first, then
move on to the various esoteric sugestions my
on-line-comrades have suggested. Thanks, everybody!
     Thump