My most heartfelt thanks, BUT........( new Yamaha w/bobbling hammers)

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:34:53 +0200

gordon stelter wrote:

> I still
>

>>would like to know
>>what clearance the jack has when you simply depress
>>and hold the key,
>>letting the hammer fall lightly into check.
>>

>These hammers WON'T fall into check! They just sit on
>the jacks. Looking stupid.

Ok... then (assuming you depress the key and hold it down very firmly)
its either that the whippens are not getting enough travel, or the jack
angle is too steep.

>If you
>

>>can get good
>>separation there... I'd think you should be able to
>>find the problem and
>>that it'd have something to do with something
>>resisting jack travel at
>>the last bit of the key stroke.
>>

>Yup. That's probably it. I'll try the regulation,
>lubrication, and damper spring strength first, then
>move on to the various esoteric sugestions my
>on-line-comrades have suggested. Thanks, everybody!
>     Thump

Its been a fun nut you've presented so far Thumpy.... I look forward to
the continuance.

RicB