My most heartfelt thanks, BUT........( new Yamaha w/bobbling hammers)

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:25:03 +0200

gordon stelter wrote:

>Dear List,
>     I am truly and deeply touched ( with no sarcasm )
>by the outpouring of suggestions regarding my
>wrestling match with this U3! I will implement these
>suggestions and get back to you.....HOWEVER...
>( special to Mr. Brekne ) YES, I did take out the lost
>motion on a  few sample notes, even after reducing
>hammerstoke by 1/4 inch, and their hammers STILL
>bobbled!

Well... you might have a factory problem at that... and a call to your
rep wont hurt you at all thats for sure.  I still would like to know
what clearance the jack has when you simply depress and hold the key,
letting the hammer fall lightly into check.  If you can get good
separation there... I'd think you should be able to find the problem and
that it'd have something to do with something resisting jack travel at
the last bit of the key stroke. I've seen overly strong jack return
springs cause this on a number of occasions.  In anycase... I'd like to
hear what this ends up being and how you end up solving the problem.  So
get back to us on this if you please :)  I love a nut myself...

Cheers

RicB