My most heartfelt thanks, BUT........( new Yamaha w/bobbling hammers)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,
     I am truly and deeply touched ( with no sarcasm )
by the outpouring of suggestions regarding my
wrestling match with this U3! I will implement these
suggestions and get back to you.....HOWEVER...
( special to Mr. Brekne ) YES, I did take out the lost
motion on a  few sample notes, even after reducing
hammerstoke by 1/4 inch, and their hammers STILL
bobbled!
    And to Roger Jolly: Are you sure this is "Ecsaine"
on these butts? I've never seen "Ecsaine", but this
looks awfully "buckskinish" to me ? In any event,
there seems to be an undue amount of compression in
this material, which is now "telegraphing" the angle
the butted ends of of the two felt pieces beneath it
creates. It is this rather acute angle which the
rather acute front corner of the jacks do not seem to
be able to negotiate. So the jacks get stalled there,
and the butts bounce on them.
   I am beginning to think that this is the
accumulation of several manufacturing/design
oversights,  rather than one in particular. And I am
certain that Yamaha would like to hear about it.

     Thanks!
     Gordon

P.S. What is Yamaha's #, if you please?