Walter Coupling Strap (was RE: AB Chase Concert Grand)

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:20:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>And I am not attempting to argue anybody's case. I am simply pointing out
>that unless there is some specific mechanism designed to couple stress from
>the strings down to the bellyrail and/or the bellybracing such as the
>Steinway horn or the Walter coupling strap then the bellybracing is not
>carrying and significant portion of the string load.
>
>The rim bell is not intended to do this. Nor does it do anything to support
>the bellyrail.
>
>Del

I'm not familiar with the Walter coupling strap.  I didn't find anything
about it on their website.  Would you mind sharing some details?  Do you
have pictures?

Thanks,

Phil Ford