Non-ETs; more organic than ET?

Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:15:47 -0800

Though I too have a personal preference for ET, I wouldn't be so quick to
dismiss the merits of unequal temperaments.  I have several customers,
professional musicians and teachers, who have come to appreciate the
qualities of Well Temperaments, in particular.  Many of these are people
very interested in and knowledgable about music of the period in which
these types of temperaments were used.  While I personally wouldn't argue
that anything is lost to the the music of Bach or Mozart by playing it in
ET, I think it is interesting, and still musical, to hear it performed not
only on period instruments, but in period temperaments.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

G#