Pianodisc, Midi files and such

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:44:34 -0500

Of course there are lots of different ways to do it. But what they have come
up with is incredibly simple, pretty inexpensive to manufacture, and
remarkably bullet proof. If the rubber turns hard in 15 years they will also
be pretty easy to change.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of gordon stelter
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 9:34 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Pianodisc, Midi files and such

Thank you, Robin!
     Now, it will be interesting to see, in 15 years
or so, when the rubber tips on the plungers have
ossified ( my favorite word today! ) and cracked, if
the push rods carve out the backs of the keys.
     All this could be avoided, I believe, with a
capstan-type tip, and some sort of threaded adjustment
on the rod, with a lock nut. Either at the tip end, or
by athreaded rod through the solenoid with a nut on
each side.
     Thump