August Forster Grand age enquiry

aMeRy cHaY aquatred_chay@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:24:39 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

I came across an August Forster 215cm (7') grand,
serial number 140330 today to re-whatever it for the
customer (some idiot painted over the whole of the
iron frame/strings/pins/dampers/EVERYTHING with gold
paint!!!)

I'm preparing a formal written report and
proposal/contract for the customers reference and
guidelines as to what will be done to the piano but I
also don't know the age of this piano as this is my
first encounter with an August Forster grand - rarely
do you find these in Singapore.

Are there also any special things that I should take
note of in this kind of piano?

Any help here would be much appreciated :o)

Thanks a million guys!

Amery
Singapore