compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:11:59 -0500

> > >Hey... its you who preach the self destruct thing... what.... you
> trying to
> > >tell me that you believe the instrument will sound just as good
> whether its
> > >soundboard self destructs or not ??
> >
> > Why wouldn't it? - until it self destructs. I've seen it happen many times
> > and said so on the list.
>
>Im sorry... did you answer the question I asked there ??

I did. Are we down to this now? Maybe "Yes, why wouldn't it? - until it
self destructs." will better satisfy you. There is no such thing as the
binary 100% yes, 100% no answer you seem to be looking for. These things
aren't frozen in time. They age.

>But it seems to me you've been at
>the forefront of those scorning the employement of the CC board for this exact
>reason.  How many times have we heard how these dont even make it to the
>dealership
>without being ruined ??

Not once, that's how many times. You've heard me say that too many of them
( not "these", indicating all of them as a class ) reach the showroom floor
with concave crowns and pronounced killer octaves.

>I'm aware of your stand Ron, and the reasoning behind it.... as are most of us
>regulars on this list.  Its just that there is this huge gapping hole in
>it that
>will not go away. Whether you want to recognize that or not is your buisness.

No, I don't recognize it, which seems to concern you a great deal.

Ron N