compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:38:13 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 4:30 PM
  Subject: Re: compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

  Golly, technical terms have changed since I was last active on this =
list!  But then, it seems everything has changed--service reps have =
played musical chairs, etc.  I was just wondering what was considered =
the "killer octave region".   Am I in danger?  Do I need to wear =
protection?  :)   Are we talking about the bass/tenor break, lower =
tenor, low end of the treble?  Do tell!

  Thanks gobs,

  Barbara Richmond

  PS  Is it OK to use vodka on Baptist pianos?
    Only for medicimal purposes!!!!

    Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
    Santa Clara, Ca.

    So when you go into a showroom and look at ten brand new pianos, =
seven of
    which already have significant tonal problems in the killer octave =
region,
    you want to use the three to claim there can be no principle =
established.
    Interesting.

    Del