compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:30:36 -0500

Golly, technical terms have changed since I was last active on this =
list!  But then, it seems everything has changed--service reps have =
played musical chairs, etc.  I was just wondering what was considered =
the "killer octave region".   Am I in danger?  Do I need to wear =
protection?  :)   Are we talking about the bass/tenor break, lower =
tenor, low end of the treble?  Do tell!

Thanks gobs,

Barbara Richmond

PS  Is it OK to use vodka on Baptist pianos?

  So when you go into a showroom and look at ten brand new pianos, seven =
of
  which already have significant tonal problems in the killer octave =
region,
  you want to use the three to claim there can be no principle =
established.
  Interesting.

  Del