no letoff clunk

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:14:12 +0200

We dealing with a grand or an upright ?

A grand action might have an aftertouch that feels a bit like a "clunk".... after all the jacktop does lift the knuckle a mm or two off the repetition arm before it slips out from underneath it, and then the shank falls quickly down onto the arm again. But its supposed to be a rather comfortable clunk if you want to use that word :)

None of this has anything to do with keyleading tho... tho perhaps you were just point out that it looked like somebody had been dinking around with the action before ??

In anycase... as long as you are getting letoff close enough, enough drop / jack clearance, and things work well... is there a problem ? Is it just that aftertouch is too smooth ?? That condition in a grand action normally means one of two things to me... either the letoff button engages too (just a tad before the drop button) , or there is simply too little aftertouch.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.