Stuart Pianos

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:56:20 EDT

   Hi Amery
   Was this a 9 ft. piano? I missed some of this discussion.
   Dale Erwin
I'd confidently say its a dream to play
on....BEETHOVEN and mozart especially....but a
Bach-Busoni and Rachmaninoff ended up with me pushing
the piano into overdrive because there was that
certain lack of overtones that the Steinway has become
so famous for...in short, imho, the Stuart is very
singing..it's like a voice that never runs out of
breath...the 4th pedal is a boon to use, although i
ended up pressing the 4th pedal in mistake with the
una corda shift one....

I think the bulk of repertoire in Sydney is usually of
the classical period...this based on my observation of
the Sydney Symphony (they have alot of beethoven and
mozart piano concerto cycles).. therefore this piano
was specially engineered for that purpose...

I had a friend who concertised on the Stuart piano as
well...playing a killer Liszt/Rachmaninoff/Medtner
repertoire....and he did pass a personal comment that
altho the touch was pleasantly light, there was not
enough depth to suit the demands of virtruoso playing.

Amery