New Center Pin Design

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:44:01 +0200

Predictable enough I surpose...:)... Did you try and sell the guy on a
re-pin job right away ?? The more they walk out of place the more they
pick up the pace... and the bigger (more expensive) the job becomes in
the end.

I ran into one of these some years back that had gotten so bad that lots
of pins had actually walked over and into the neighbor flange.. bushings
were all chewed up from the ends of the pins chomping on them,
everything was loose as could be. It was an old beater and tho it looked
bad... it actually seemed structurally ok, and sounded reasonably ok.
But they decided to buy a new piano and they burned the old gal at one
of those midsummers day bonfires I believe.

Sigh... the fate of an old piano... not much better then an old horse.
:)

Cheers.
RicB

--