Band Saw Blade Teeth Material

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:08:33 -0400

Attention Band Saw Material Knowanythings out there in Pianotechland:

Any info available on the difference between C8 steel and carbide? This is in reference to materials with which to make bandsaw blade teeth. Is there a major difference in hardness? How does the C8 compare with traditional steels used in bandsaw blade construction? I'm starting to accumulate quite a stack of dull bandsaw blades - this has got to stop! Thanks.

BTW: How does one dispose of dull bandsaw blades - nasty little critters?

Also, anyone know of a good heavy-duty, easily-adjustable bandsaw fence system? I love my Laguna 16HD bandsaw, but even though the supplied fence is nice and heavy duty, its design does not allow for easy small adjustments to fence angle (especially) and position. (I've seen the FastTrack System and I think I am looking for something a bit more heavy-duty.)

Terry Farrell