What type of Tool Case do you use??

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:07:00 -0400

  I bought the Genck laptop case a couple of years ago after I started
using TL for tuning. It made sense to me at the time, because I also
liked have my customer database with me at each piano I saw, rather than
updating the DB at the end of the day on my desktop. I also liked the
idea of a shoulder strap that freed my hands for lugging other things.
My biggest problem with this case was that the removable pallet was only
3/4 size so that it not only held less tools but didn't completely
constrain the tools in the compartments under the pallet from dislodging
when the case was carried around. I think that the newer version of this
case includes a full sized pallet.
  Now I am running TL Pro on an ipaq along with SprintDB Pro which
allows me to keep a copy of my Access customer DB in my pants pocket and
still keep it in sync with my desktop. The 7 lb. laptop has therefore
been removed from the case, but it wasn't long before that poundage was
replaced with other junk that could probably just as well be left in the
car - or at home. So having come to the conclusion that I'm obviously
not able to self-regulate how much stuff I cram into a tool case I've
decided that it's time to downsize in an effort to enforce some limits.
I was looking at the "Special Edition Case" that Pianotek is selling.
Has anyone tried this one?

- Mark Dierauf