Steinway M

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:01:28 EDT

           Hi  Ron
            All good points as well from another perspective which I respect.
However if a client likes the sound and touch of a good sounding and prepared
S&S M regardless of its bass break being where it is, I doubt that my
argument to swing them in another direction will be seen as helpful but rather
something like a conflict of interest. If the piano isn't rebuilt well or has a weak
board or killer region that's a diiferent story. I've often tried to get the
client thinking bigger S&S or whatever  but if I'm competeing with whats for
sale by someone else as opposed to what I myself  have for sale it's an
ethical sticky wicket. Usually my services are engaged by clients knowing I rebuild
and sell Stwys so the subject is all ready on the table before I ever see the
piano I was originally asked to evaluate.
     Regards--Dale