What type of Tool Case do you use??

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:51:24 -0700

I'm on my second genck case now, don't think I'll buy another one.  I'm hard
on cases in general.  My next case will be a custom job.  One day I was in
Lowe's and they had a pile of beautiful aluminum cases, (very high quality,
not crap), all on clearance.  I got several of them for about $14.00 each. I
would have expected to pay $60!!  Later I found a folding handle/wheel
combination comb, (like on suite cases or computer bags).  They were
intended to mount onto a 5 gal. bucket as a portable tool caddy thingy.
They didn't sell so they were clearing them for $6.00, (normally about
$20.00).  I got about a half dozen or so.  With some minor modifications I
plan on building a really cool custom case with wheels, folding handle, etc.
I'll gut the interior and custom build it for piano tech tools.  My problem
is that I have absolutely no time to work on the project, my shop
construction has completely saturated every free minute of my life.  I've
been meaning to do this for two years now.  Someday I will invent a better
wheel.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV