earplugs

DIANE HOFSTETTER dianepianotuner@msn.com
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:43:04 -0800

Hi Cy,

You were at my friend's workplace!  Ann Anderson, audiologist and member of
National Hearing Conservation Association.  She is interested in pianos, we
had long talks about her buying one, perhaps by now she is your tuning
customer?

The earplugs you are speaking of have similiar attenuation to the ones I
sell.  The biggest difference is that they have to be placed deep into the
ear canal to be effective.  They are one size fits all, since they are
flexible material.  However, I got an earache from wearing them the first
time because my ear canal is smaller than most (means my ear resonates at a
higher frequency).

The earplugs I sell are called canal caps, they block the entrance to the
ear canal.  They come in different sizes so that they are comfortable.  They
have about the same attenuation as the ones you describe.

Diane Hofstetter