Nordiska

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:31:38 -0400

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 04:46  AM, Richard Brekne wrote:

> But it pains me to see the name being used on the pianos produced=20
> now.=A0 I have never liked that practice. When a company goes broke...=20=

> then it does.. and somebody else going in, buying up everything and=20
> moving to Timbucktoo to get the local species to plask together=20
> something that looks the same and then calling it the same is not=20
> exactly my idea of an accurate representation of the true picture.

I was speaking to Larry Fine recently about this practice, and=20
amazingly enough *some* of these "revived" brand names weren't even=20
purchased from those who had earlier purchased the "brand name rights".=20=

Apparently, if one doesn't use a trademarked name within certain=20
parameters (time, serious marketing efforts) the name goes into public=20=

domain until someone else brings a product out under the name and=20
re-trademarks it!

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available